Effective as of September 28, 2020
Welcome to the Flo Secret Chats — a safe digital environment where you can anonymously discuss health and wellness related topics and get support from millions of other Flo users worldwide. It’s a cool place to share personal experiences and ultimately gain a broader sense of what users like you are going through. Our wish is for you to find and share supportive and useful information, while having fun along the way.
Please familiarize yourself with the guidelines below and help us keep things safe and enjoyable for everyone. Keep in mind that our rules may differ from those of social media platforms.
Secret Chats Basics
Basic things every Flo member should follow:
Respect other users.
Flo users talk about a lot of sensitive topics. We understand that there are different approaches to these topics and people may have different opinions. But don't forget - there is always a real person on the other side of the screen who may need your support. Let’s respect each other and have conversations that honor our humanity.
Be civil and don’t spread hate.
Debates among users are allowed as long as the conversations remain on-topic, positive, and respectful. This excludes debates about lifestyle choices, politics, and religion. We encourage lively, emotional conversations and personal experience sharing without judgment or hate. If a thread becomes too toxic, we reserve the right to delete the whole discussion even if the original post is acceptable and respectful.
Keep things relevant.
When you want to ask for advice, share an experience, or just rant, please choose the proper place to post. This way, your comment will be discovered by other members much faster and you’ll receive relevant and useful feedback! If you don’t do this, your comment may be considered off-topic and deleted by moderators.
Secret Chats Guidelines
A few more rules to keep the Secret Chats safe and fun for everyone
1. No politics, please. Flo Secret Chats is not the proper place to discuss or debate politics or polarizing social issues. We strive to maintain a balance between a user’s freedom of speech and ensuring that everyone feels welcome here. This means that political comments will be removed to avoid unwanted anxiety and maintain a safe space for everyone.
2. No hate, either. Here at Flo, we don’t tolerate racism, sexism, homophobia, or other hate speech forms, including pro- or anti-religious discussions. Hate has no place in our community — users are here to find and get support, share our personal experiences, and ask for advice, not to be judged or criticized. Attacking others for their beliefs and forcing your views is not acceptable in Secret Chats. Any comments that promote or approve violence against individuals or groups based on race or ethnicity, religious beliefs, disability, gender, age, nationality, sexual orientation, gender identity, political views, health status, or appearance, along with the comments revealing someone’s personal information, inciting harassment, threats, personal attacks, or featuring abusive or predatory behavior will be subject to deletion. This includes trolling.
3. Don’t overuse vulgar and profane speech. We aim to make Secret Chats acceptable for everyone. For the sake of clarity, we may delete comments with an overwhelming amount of swearing and obscenity. Please, don’t use Secret Chats as a place for anonymous sexting - there are other services for that. We want to emphasize that the primary purpose of Secret Chats is to provide the unique opportunity to talk openly about health-related topics, find support, and maybe even learn something new.
4. We encourage posting to the most appropriate topic possible. If you’d like to ask for advice, search through other users’ comments - your question or concern may have already been discussed. Each card has a specific purpose, which defines community members’ expectations of that topic. Try to avoid multiposting in different discussions — it may be considered spam and, therefore, deleted.
5. Everyone dislikes spam; so do we. That is why we will delete any comments that are commercial or spam-like, including, but not limited to: self-promotion with links to social accounts, websites, emails, phone numbers; repetitive posting of the same content or links; selling or distributing any products; promoting petitions of any kind, or solicitation of funds for any reason. We may also delete comments that use excessive spacing.
6. Anonymity is one of the essential values that define the Flo Secret Chats as a safe place. We get it — sometimes, you wish to make friends or chat in-person, which is why you may consider sharing your social accounts, home address, or phone number. Please, don’t do that. We would also ask you to be careful when posting images, since they may contain information that can help identify you. Just make sure you don’t post any facial images, birthmarks, tattoos, or other identifiers. Safety first.
7. Don’t promote illegal activities. To ensure that people of all backgrounds feel safe and comfortable here, we must respect local and international laws and remove comments that advocate and promote illegal activities, such as drugs, underage drinking, criminal activity, animal abuse, terrorism, and others.
8. We protect children's safety. That’s why you need to be at least 13 years old to use Flo and contribute to our community (16 for EU residents). We do not intentionally collect information about children, and we will ban you from Flo and delete your account if we find out that you are younger than 13 (16 for EU residents).
9. No cheating! The age you put in the app defines your Secret Chats experience because we offer different content for teenagers and adults. If we find out that you put the wrong age to fool the system, your ability to fully participate in Secret Chats will be restricted.
Reporting and Enforcement
Learn about reporting in the Flo Secret Chats and how we enforce our Community Guidelines
You may report abusive comments or other inappropriate behavior. If you notice something offensive, please don’t engage; use the “Report” button to submit a comment for review by our Moderation Team to determine whether there’s a violation of our Community Rules.
Naturally, you might not like everything you see. Please do not use the “Report” button to express your disagreement with the author’s opinion.
Further Information and Resources
If you have suggestions or questions about any aspect of participation in the Flo Secret Chats, please contact our Support Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or via the app. You may also report an abusive or inappropriate comment by attaching a screenshot to your email.