Effective as of July 12, 2017
1. Information We Collect
a. Information You Provide to Us
When you sign up to use the App, the types of personally identiﬁable information we may collect include your name, email address, gender, date of birth, and password, and as you use the App, you may choose to provide health-information such as your weight, body temperature, menstrual cycle dates, and other information about your health and activities (collectively, “Personal Information”). You will be able to modify and update your Personal Information in the App.
The App will allow you to share personal stories with us and other users of the App.
All information that you provide to us through the App is automatically uploaded to our servers and is stored there in duplicate to the information stored on your device. If you remove data from your account, you will no longer see it in the App, but some backups of the data may remain in our archive servers.
b. Information We Collect Automatically
When you access or use the App, we may automatically collect the following information:
- Device Information: We collect information about the mobile device you use to access the App, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identiﬁers and mobile network information.
- Location Information: We collect your IP address, time zone, and information about your mobile service provider, which allows us to infer your general location.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information about your use of the App, such as frequency of use, which areas and features of our App you visit and your use patterns generally, engagement tracking with particular features, etc. To collect this information, we may send cookies to your mobile device or computer. Cookies are small data ﬁles stored on your hard drive or in device memory.
2. How We Use Information
We may use your information, including your Personal Information, as follows:
- to analyze, operate, maintain and improve the App;
- to customize content you see when you use the App;
- to provide and deliver the products and services you request, process transactions and send you related information, including conﬁrmations and reminders;
- to customize product and service offerings and recommendations to you, including third-party products and offerings;
- to verify your identity;
- to send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- to respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- to monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our App;
- solely with respect to information that you mark for sharing, for Company promotional purposes;
- to link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- for any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect Personal Information.
3. Disclosure of Information
a. Information We Share with Third Parties
We may share certain Personal Information with third party vendors who supply software applications, web hosting and other technologies for the App. We will only provide these third parties with access to information that is reasonably necessary to perform their work or comply with the law. Those third parties will never use such information for any other purpose except to provide services in connection with the App.
b. Aggregated Information
We may also share aggregated, anonymized or de-identiﬁed information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you. For example, we may share, including, without limitation, in articles, blog posts and scientiﬁc publications, general age demographic information and aggregate statistics about certain activities or symptoms from data collected to help identify patterns across users.
c. Special Circumstances
d. Information Posted by User
The App features several community areas and other public forums where users with similar interests or medical conditions can share information and support one another or where users can post questions for experts to answer. We also offer online discussions which may be moderated by healthcare experts. Our communities are open to [the public/the App community] and should not be considered private.
Any information (including Personal Information) you share in any online community area or online discussion is by design open to the public and is not private. You should think carefully before posting any Personal Information in any public forum. What you post can be seen, disclosed to, or collected by third parties and may be used by others in ways we cannot control or predict, including to contact you for unauthorized purposes. As with any public forum on any site, the information you post may also show up in third-party search engines.
If you mistakenly post Personal Information in our community areas and would like it removed, you can send us an email as listed below to request that we remove it. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your Personal Information.
e. Retained Information
We will retain your Personal Information as long as your account is active or needed to provide you services. At any time you can remove your Personal Information or instruct us to remove it, but you should we aware that we may retain certain personal information after your account has been terminated in an aggregated, anonymized form. Any posts or comments you submit may remain visible if and after you delete your account. We are not obligated to remove your posts or comments. We reserve the right to use your information in any aggregated data collection after you have terminated your account, however we will ensure that the use of such information will not identify you personally. We will also retain your Personal Information as necessary to comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
4. Information You Elect to Share with Third Parties
We take commercially reasonable measures to protect all collected information from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Please understand that you can help keep your information secure by choosing and protecting your password appropriately, not sharing your password and preventing others from using your mobile device. Please understand that no security system is perfect and, as such, we cannot guarantee the security of the App, or that your information won’t be intercepted while being transmitted to us. If we learn of a security systems breach, we may either post a notice, or attempt to notify you by email and will take reasonable steps to remedy the breach.
We process information in a way that is compatible with and relevant for the purpose for which it was collected. To the extent necessary for those purposes, we take reasonable steps to ensure that any information in our care is accurate, complete, current and reliable for its intended use.
6. Childrens’ Privacy
We are committed to protecting the privacy of children. The App is not intended for children and we do not intentionally collect information about children under 13 years old. The App does not collect Personal Information from any person the Company actually knows is under the age of 13. If you are aware of anyone under 13 using the App, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Third Party Links
8. Email Communications
We may contact you from time to time via email to communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by us and others, and provide news and information that we think will be of interest to you. You can always opt out of receiving emails by unsubscribing via the “Unsubscribe” link contained in the email. Opting-out of these emails will not end transmission of important service-related emails that are necessary to your use of the App.
9. International Transfers
The Company is based the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. Please be advised that U.S. law and laws of other countries may not offer the same protections as the law of your jurisdiction.
In addition, you agree that information collected through the App may be stored and processed in Canada, where the Company currently rents servers, or in any other country in which the Company or its afﬁliates, subsidiaries or agents maintain facilities, and by using the App, you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country.
10. What Choices Do I Have?
11. Contact Us
If you would like to update your Personal Information, delete your account, change your preferences or have any questions or concerns about your privacy, you may contact us at email@example.com. Please note that some information may remain in our records after deletion of your account, including any information or records that we are legally obligated to retain or that we elect to retain for legitimate business purposes.