Flo is an AI-powered health and wellbeing app for women and girls, which supports them during their entire reproductive period. Using cutting-edge technology, we combine scientific knowledge, clinical experience, and the power of community to improve the health and wellbeing of every girl and woman worldwide every day. Already 36 million women and girls use Flo monthly in order to make healthier choices and live a well-balanced life, with nearly 7 million in the US alone making Flo #1 period tracker for American women and girls. Since August Flo has been the most downloaded Health app in the AppStore.
Flo Health is expanding its employee footprint to exciting new territories and we are looking for an HR Manager to join a team of 17 HR & Talent professionals to support our international employee base across UK, US, Netherlands and Lithuania. The role will be based in our new offices in Amsterdam and will require some travel between the European offices.
Reporting to the Chief People Officer in London, the role will be focusing on setting up best-in-class HR practices, owning the end-to-end employee lifecycle processes, close collaboration with the HR & Talent teams in Minsk, and building excellent relationships with outsourced HR service providers in each geography.
The team works within a fast paced and dynamic environment as we are going from 270 to 500 employees in 2021. The perfect candidate has 5+ years of broad hands-on generalist experience in international HR across Western Europe , ability to deliver autonomously from the tactical to the strategic, and drive innovation in our people practices.
Key role deliverables:
- Act as the main point of contact for HR, providing sound HR advisory and assistance across the international offices
- Manage local HR administration and the coordination of the effective People Ops customer service journey through any employee query resolution and change management
- Own the full payroll process (input and output), working closely with our payroll vendors and the finance team to ensure compliance and efficiency, including benefits, health and wellbeing rollout and administration, pensions schemes and reporting obligations
- Ensure local reward and benefit programmes enable the business to attract, reward and retain top talent in each market, carrying out remuneration benchmarking and reviews
- Operate our HRIS and performance tools as system administrator to ensure high quality analysis and data insights output from HR metrics and reporting
- Ensure compliance in equality, diversity and inclusion and gender pay gap reporting
- Keep up to date with employment laws, compliance and industry standards
- Input into and champion our GDPR and data privacy processes, compliance and governance
- Support global mobility and relocations for current and new employees
- Manage international ER cases, including investigations and resolution
- Build credible relationships with managers across the business to ensure they are aware of all HR practices and current issues for each international office
- Work closely with the wider People & Talent team to build an enabling function which offers professional, insightful and effective HR service and a positive and supportive team culture
Skills and experience
- You have to be a tech-savvy self-starter with strong systems knowledge. You will be accountable for high-quality system management and KPIs, reporting to the CPO and management teams on people metrics
- Analytics and process-optimisation focus to look for ways to continuously improve our efficiency and service levels, leveraging technology and automation wherever possible
- Excellent working knowledge of the labour law, employment relations HR best practice landscape across the UK, Netherlands and the Baltics
- Pragmatic approach to problem-solving with commercial understanding
- Organisation and planning skills, attention to detail essential
- Customer service mindset, driving for employee satisfaction with service levels
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, you’ll remain cool as a cucumber in high-paced and complex environments
- International employee relations experience is an advantage, as understanding of immigration laws and visa processes