At Flo, our aim is to empower women to prioritise their health and wellbeing by giving them access to very best advice, knowledge and support.
We’re looking for a tenacious and talented Content Lead who'll oversee content strategy and quality for our audience who are trying to conceive. In partnership with the Product Manager, you’ll create an ongoing content strategy that spans the entire user journey for this segment and will commission, write and edit everything from on-brand masterclass video series to daily personalised stories. Managing a small international team of in-house content experts, you’ll also use your extensive contacts to help build a large global network of brilliant health and lifestyle freelancers whose work you’ll oversee.
You’ll help lead the discovery of new topics and formats for our trying to conceive audience, as well as optimising existing content. In partnership with our data science and user research teams, you’ll strive to find new ways to turn numbers into valuable insights that will keep our users coming back for more and further our editorial mission. You’ll also be hungry to understand the performance of your content - seeking to learn from your failures and scale your successes.
Finally, as a guardian of Flo’s brand voice, your naturally warm and conversational tone will be matched by your creative flair. Oh, and you come full of enthusiasm and brimming with fresh ideas our users will love.
What you'll be doing:
- Creating and delivering the optimal content strategy for your user segment - those who are trying to conceive
- Leading and managing a team of content managers whose skills you will help grow and develop
- Cultivating an exceptional network of freelance journalists, creative writers and editors who will help us create distinctive and impactful content
- Collaborating with designers and product manager to identify and fill the gaps in our content experience
- Auditing the content in your segment for quality, tone, engagement and monetisation potential
- Unearthing stories and angles from within our research, experts and community to create inspiring and unique content to be deployed across all channels
- Spotting new content opportunities/trends and experimenting with different formats and approaches
- Proactively seeking ways to improve the continuous consumption of our content and synchronising your strategy with other product areas, including the Community
- Working with designers, marketers and communications leads to plan a coherent experience for those trying to conceive across our channels and platforms
- Defining specific content guidelines for your segment while contributing to the evolution of company glossaries and tone of voice guidelines
- Regularly syncing with content peers in our Track, Pregnancy and Medical Programmes Teams to share best practices and ensuring alignment across modes
- Supporting the VP of Content and other leads in improving Flo’s content process and dashboards
- Working with other teams across the company to evolve our content architecture and create a highly personalised user experience
- You’re a brilliant writer and storyteller with several years experience leading content teams
- You’re an effective people manager who knows how to get the very best out of your team and empower individuals to grow
- You know the importance of creating clear flows and consistent content experiences that improve and enhance the user experience
- You can demonstrate how you’ve made a consistent positive impact on key acquisition and retention metrics through content
- You are as comfortable formulating content strategies as you are editing video scripts and push notifications
- You enjoy demystifying complex jargon and medical language into something everyone can understand
- You’re highly collaborative and have the ability to communicate your ideas clearly backed up with rationale and relevant data
- Highly curious, you value the importance of user research and you learn through experimentation and testing.
- You adapt your tone so that it's just right for every stage along the user journey
- Competent with visualisation tools such as Figma, Miro or Invision and the ability to contribute to prototypes
- Experience working in an agile, start up environment
- Open minded
- 7+ years of experience in content creation, preferably with mobile products. People management experience is a must.