Flo is a health and wellbeing app for women and girls, supporting them during their entire reproductive period. We combine scientific knowledge, clinical experience, and the power of community to improve the health and wellbeing of every girl and woman worldwide every day.
More than 40 million women and girls use Flo monthly in order to make healthier choices and live a well-balanced life, with 7.5 million in the US alone making Flo the #1 period tracker for American women and girls. Since August 2020, Flo has been the most downloaded Health app in the AppStore.
We are looking for a Data Scientist/Biostatistician to help us achieve Flo Science goals and objectives in alignment with Flo business strategy.
- Work with VP of Science, Science team and Scientific Advisory Board to develop study designs from complex research questions, extract, prepare and analyze big datasets, perform statistical analysis and report findings (tables, graphs, summaries);
- Write statistical analysis plans, perform sample size estimation, and develop reporting specifications for protocols, study reports, scientific abstracts, peer-reviewed manuscripts, and grant proposals (related to data analysis and statistics);
- Work in close collaboration with internal Flo teams (Regulatory, Data Protection and Security, Data Science) to ensure data analysis and sharing follow data sharing policies and regulatory requirements;
- Continuous communication with external collaborators (research institutions and clinical centers) about design, analysis, and results of clinical trials/research studies.
- MS with 7+ years of experience working as a statistician/statistical programmer in clinical trials, medical and/or behavioural research, and/or digital/mobile health industry, IT startups OR PhD in health data analysis, biostatistics or behavioural health economics;
- Advanced SQL query skills (window functions and queries optimisation);
- Strong working experience with data analysis, visualisation and statistics in Python (preferably) or/and R and data-related libraries (Pandas, NumPy, SciPy, StatsModels, Matplotlib, Seaborn, Plotly etc);
- Proficiency planning, creating, programming and managing complex statistical computer databases such as REDCap/Qualtrics;
- Experience applying advanced statistical models such as generalized linear models including mixed models, and survival analysis, logistic regression, decision tree algorithms and Bayesian networks;
- Familiar with data management principles and regulatory requirements for clinical trials and medical research;
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence tools (Looker, Tableau etc) for building dashboards and data visualisation highly desirable.