“I believe that by using evidence-based, science-backed information in cutting-edge med-tech we can help improve the health and well-being of millions.”
- NHS general practitioner, London and Buckinghamshire, UK, 2016–present
- Private general practitioner in remote consulting, 2019–present
- Clinical content manager and medical copywriter, Healthily, 2021–2023
- Hospital doctor, Ingwavuma Hospital, Kwazulu Natal, South Africa, 2013
- Hospital doctor in specialities including pediatrics, psychiatry, sexual health, and general medicine in London teaching hospitals, UK, 2010–2016
- Member of The Royal College of General Practitioners (MRCGP), UK, 2018
- Diploma from the Faculty of Sexual and Reproductive Healthcare, London, UK, 2017
- Letter of competence in intrauterine techniques and subdermal implants from the Faculty of Sexual and Reproductive Healthcare, London, UK, 2017
- Diploma in Tropical Medicine and Hygiene from the London School and Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, UK and East Africa, 2012
- Medical degree (MBBS) from University College London, UK, 2010
- Bachelor of Science in Human Genetics (first class honours) from the University College London, UK, 2007
- “Understanding COVID-19: the Virus.” Community Eye Health, vol. 33, no. 109, 2020 pp. 5–9.
- “Gonococcal conjunctivitis: the importance of good-quality conjunctival swabs.”. British Journal of General Practice, vol. 65, no. 639, Oct 2015, pp. 552–553.
- “Vitamin D and sun exposure: To bare all or cover up?” Expert Review of Dermatology, vol. 7, no. 6, 2012, December 2012.
My Journey in Medicine
Discovering Flo has been a journey to find the one role that allows me to combine all my passions. I began by following the usual path in medicine and then started to focus on family medicine, and sexual and reproductive health, as well as tropical medicine. This and my love of travel lead me to spend time studying, working and living in Tanzania, Nepal, and rural South Africa.
A big part of being a doctor that I love is being an educator and empowering my patients. After completing my specialist training in general practice, I began to look for other ways to educate people about health topics. That’s when I discovered the world of medical content and HealthTech. I started reviewing and writing medical content for Healthily before moving to Flo.
HealthTech is a revolutionary tool that enables provision of vital health information to people all around the world. Both in developed countries and less developed countries where access to healthcare and health education can be limited. I am proud to work for Flo, which currently offers the app for free to people in many areas in need.
Every day in my work, I am driven by the knowledge that I am making a difference. I love being part of an innovative team of people with diverse experience and expertise. We are creating a product that empowers women, equips them with health information, and helps them understand their bodies. By bringing together science and creativity, the possibilities are limitless. It excites me that I can use my medical knowledge to help not only the patient in front of me but also on a much wider scale.
I love discovering new places, people, and cultures. I also love good food, theatre, and country hikes. I’m happiest when spending time with my young daughters, husband, and affectionate and excitable chocolate lab, Coco who came back from Tanzania with us.
Flo Advisory Board of 100+ Doctors, Scientists, and Health Experts
We break down complex medical topics into accessible and digestible information that empowers readers to take action and prioritize their own well-being. Our team of Medical and Scientific Advisors is made up of over 100 certified health experts from a variety of disciplines who ensure that every piece of content we release is medically accurate, understandable, and up-to-date with the latest scientific findings. We rely on medical guidelines from international health organizations and get information from academic institutions and peer-reviewed articles, which is fully described in our Flo Editorial Process and Standards.