Dr. Angela Jones
“Women often get the short end of the stick; health care is no exception. Being an OB-GYN allows me to take care of women during all aspects of their lives and advocate for them.”
- Board-certified in Obstetrics and Gynecology from the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology and member of the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- OB-GYN at Healthy Woman, Freehold, NJ, 2014–present
- OB-GYN at Community Medical Center in Toms River, NJ, 2011–2014
- Attending Physician involved in resident education and training at Mercy Health, Toledo, OH, 2005–2010
- Recipient of the Outstanding Clinical Performance Award from the Medical College of Ohio, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology in 2001 and 2002, and the Best Teaching Resident Award in 2003
- Chief Resident in the Obstetrics and Gynecology Residency Program at Christiana Care Health Systems, Newark, DE, 2004–2005
- Research Assistant and Resident in the Obstetrics and Gynecology Residency Program at Medical College of Ohio, Toledo, OH, 2001–2003
- Degree in Medicine from the Medical College of Ohio, Toledo, OH, 2001
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry from Centre College, Danville, KY, 1994
- Ask Dr. Angela: What to Expect During Pregnancy and Beyond. Amazon Digital Services LLC, 2019.
My Journey in Medicine
My field is definitely a happy one. If I’m not bringing life into the world, I’m helping women live their best lives. I’m also a mother and a wife myself, so I can relate to my patients as they journey through life, pregnancy, and parenthood.
My specific interests include pregnancy, menopause, vaginal atrophy, incontinence, prolapse, healthy aging, weight loss, osteoporosis, heavy periods, contraception, vaginitis, and comprehensive health care from one end of the age spectrum to the other. My knowledge base in women’s health and wellness is quite extensive … you ask, I’ll tell!
In my clinical practice as an OB-GYN and through my brand, Ask Dr. Angela, I aim to support women with compassion, humor, and innovative approaches to care. I want people to think of me not only as their doctor, but also as a best friend. Through my blog, podcast, and social media channels, I disseminate helpful information about female reproductive health and act as the voice of a new generation of womanhood. I also recently authored a book, What to Expect During Pregnancy and Beyond, where I answer thousands of questions I’ve gotten from moms-to-be over my years of practice in a fun and engaging way.
I’ve appeared in several digital women’s health publications to offer expertise on various gynecological topics, such as your period and vagina after pregnancy in Parents and She Knows and C-sections on Mom.com.
In my spare time over the past twenty years, I’ve enjoyed volunteering as an after-school tutor to help children with their homework, feeding the homeless, and speaking at women’s health events.
Collaborating with Flo gives me the opportunity to reach even more women with empowering messages and knowledge about their bodies, and I’m so grateful to be part of the team here.
Flo Advisory Board of 100+ Doctors, Scientists, and Health Experts
We break down complex medical topics into accessible and digestible information that empowers readers to take action and prioritize their own well-being. Our team of Medical and Scientific Advisors is made up of over 100 certified health experts from a variety of disciplines who ensure that every piece of content we release is medically accurate, understandable, and up-to-date with the latest scientific findings. We rely on medical guidelines from international health organizations and get information from academic institutions and peer-reviewed articles, which is fully described in our Flo Editorial Process and Standards.