Dr. Ashley Eskew
“Above all else, I am incredibly passionate about helping women optimize their lifestyles to ensure they have the best possible chance to be successful and fulfill their dream of building a family. I strive to empower women to take control of their reproductive journey each and every day.”
- Co-founder and Chief Medical Officer of OvulifeMD, an educational and coaching program to optimize female fertility, 2020–present
- Assistant Professor at Atrium Health, 2019–present
- Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility Fellow, Washington University in St. Louis, MO, 2016–2019
- Published over a dozen articles in peer-reviewed medical journals on reproduction and gynecological topics
- Board-certified OB-GYN and Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility Specialist
- Master of Science in Clinical Investigation from Washington University in St. Louis, MO, 2018
- Residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology at Atrium Health, Charlotte, NC, 2012–2016
- Medical Degree from the University of Louisville School of Medicine, KY, 2012
- “Association of vaginal bacterial communities and reproductive outcomes with prophylactic antibiotic exposure in a subfertile population undergoing in vitro fertilization: a prospective exploratory study.” F&S Science, vol. 2, no. 1, Feb 2021, doi: 10.1016/j.xfss.2021.01.002
- “Dietary Patterns, Physical Activity, and Socioeconomic Associations in a Midwestern Cohort of Healthy Reproductive-Age Women.” Maternal and Child Health Journal, vol. 24, no. 10, Oct 2020, doi: 10.1007/s10995-020-02987-3
- “Ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome management strategies: where are we going?” Minerva Endocrinology, vol. 43, no. 10, Mar 2018, doi: 10.23736/S0391-1977.17.02638-4
My Journey in Medicine
I absolutely love my work in obstetrics, gynecology, and reproductive endocrinology because I have the chance to make so many women and couples happy by starting the family of their dreams. It’s a great passion of mine to be able to help women connect with healthier bodies to build their futures.
In my day-to-day life, I take on many different roles. Not only do I practice medicine, but I also teach med students at Atrium Health about the work involved in being an OB-GYN and fertility specialist, and I also run my own company.
I founded OvulifeMD, a digital education platform to help women optimize their natural fertility, together with my husband (who is also a physician!) in 2020. It’s our mission to ensure that women feel in control, positive, and close to their partners while going through their reproductive journey. We share educational materials and run coaching programs to help women reach their goal of conceiving a child through evidence-based dietary and lifestyle changes via our website and Instagram @ovulifemd.
The constant evolution within the field of assisted reproductive technology drives me to learn more every day to stay up to date with the latest innovations. I have published research in numerous high-impact journals, and I am driven by a desire to practice evidence-based medicine in a way that makes my patients feel seen and heard.
Collaborating with Flo has been an amazing opportunity to empower and educate women about their reproductive health. Flo’s platform increases access to accurate medical information for those who may not otherwise have it to help improve their understanding of their overall health and fertility.
I love spending time outdoors and staying active. In my free time, I like to go on hikes, do hot yoga, or work in my garden.
Flo Advisory Board of 100+ Doctors, Scientists, and Health Experts
We break down complex medical topics into accessible and digestible information that empowers readers to take action and prioritize their own well-being. Our team of Medical and Scientific Advisors is made up of over 100 certified health experts from a variety of disciplines who ensure that every piece of content we release is medically accurate, understandable, and up-to-date with the latest scientific findings. We rely on medical guidelines from international health organizations and get information from academic institutions and peer-reviewed articles, which is fully described in our Flo Editorial Process and Standards.