Flo is an AI-powered health and wellbeing app for women and girls, which supports them during their entire reproductive period. Using cutting-edge technology, we combine scientific knowledge, clinical experience, and the power of community to improve the health and wellbeing of every girl and woman worldwide every day.
Already 36 million women and girls use Flo monthly in order to make healthier choices and live a well-balanced life, with 7.5 million in the US alone making Flo #1 period tracker for American women and girls. Since August Flo has been the most downloaded Health app in the AppStore.
Women’s Health is still an under-prioritised and under-researched area and we believe that it deserves much more attention and action. To enhance research activities in Women’s Health, we are actively collaborating with the leading universities worldwide (Stanford, Northwestern, John Hopkins, Adelaide etc).
As we expand our research plans and prepare for our U.S. pivotal studies, we are hiring the VP of Scientific Research to autonomously lead all global research efforts. The candidate must possess a broad range of expertise to design and execute complex studies for scientific validation of digital health innovations.
- Define the long-term scientific vision for development of Flo as scientifically credible app, create scientific strategy that is aligned with Flo product vision and business goals, develop and set research roadmap for feasibility studies and validation priorities
- Oversee strategic relationships with academic partners, clinical centers, CROs, and build relationships with FDA
- Layout the publication strategy, support data generation for both internal and external research in alignment with the strategy
- Deliver high quality presentations of scientific data in various settings, including advisory boards, scientific and investigator meetings, and other appropriate venues to enhance product and medical state knowledge
- Guide and mentor the research team at Flo to ensure the research activities are carried at a highest standards
- 10+ years of experience in clinical practice and at leading research studies and clinical trials at top medical institutions
- Successfully executed studies that brought medical innovation through the FDA approval process
- Demonstrated ability to work in a startup or other fast-paced environment
- International reputation and track record of accomplishment and peer-reviewed publications in Women’s Health research
- Advanced scientific degree (M.D., Ph.D.,Pharm.D.) or equivalent required (relevant residency and/or fellowship experience preferred)