Science Advisor (Universities, Publications)
Flo is an AI-powered health and wellbeing app for women and girls, which supports them during their entire reproductive period. Using cutting-edge technology, we combine scientific knowledge, clinical experience, and the power of community to improve the health and wellbeing of every girl and woman worldwide every day.
Already 36 million women and girls use Flo monthly in order to make healthier choices and live a well-balanced life, with 7.5 million in the US alone making Flo #1 period tracker for American women and girls. Since August Flo has been the most downloaded Health app in the AppStore.
Women’s Health is still an under-prioritised and under-researched area and we believe that it deserves much more attention and action. To enhance research activities in Women’s Health, we are actively collaborating with the leading universities worldwide (Stanford, Northwestern, John Hopkins, Adelaide etc).
We are also conducting our own research studies to ensure the efficacy of Flo innovations to deliver the best backed by science product to our users. As we expand our scientific team, we are looking for a Science Advisor who has a profound research experience and enjoys writing for both scientific journals and lay audiences.
- Participate in defining overall concept and strategy for developing science collaborations at Flo, create roadmaps for initiating new and maintaining current research collaborations, develop and set research roadmaps for internal feasibility studies and validation priorities
- Define research aims and methods, design protocols and drive the execution of internal and external research projects in collaboration with Flo Medical&Scientific Affairs and Data Science Teams
- Write research papers for publication in international peer-reviewed medical or scientific journals
- Write science-related announcements and facilitate dissemination of science activities within Flo at internal (in-app) and external channels (website, social media, magazines) in collaboration with Flo Content and PR teams
- Maintain high standards and levels of scientific, clinical and technical expertise in Women’s Health research through review of scientific/medical journals and other relevant publications, prepare high quality presentations of scientific data and present at scientific, clinical and other key meetings
- Advanced scientific degree (PhD, PostDoc) in Clinical Medicine, Biomedicine, Reproductive Medicine, Epidemiology or Population Health with the focus on Women’s Health is needed
- Demonstrates ability to conduct research in a HealthTech/ MedTech startup or other fast-paced environment
- Proven track record of publishing in well-regarded science or medical journals
- Demonstrated ability to turn complex science ideas into simple messages understandable by lay audiences
- Basic knowledge of biostatistics and data analysis in R, Python is highly desired but not essential (you don't have to run all the analyses, but you have to know exactly what they mean).