How to sign a baby shower card
Writing a thoughtful card is one way to share the family’s excitement. Although you’re probably over-the-roof with joy for the lucky parents, people often get overwhelmed and end up with a writer’s block.
Why? Well, baby showers were once upon a time strictly female events. Addressing the card was simpler. Today, there are a few things to take into consideration, such as your relationship with the parents and family, and the formality of the event.
What’s the difference?
- If it’s a formal baby shower, it’s recommended to use the guest of honor’s full name on the card. You might also need to check whether the shower is hosted by the couple. If this is the case, you will need to include the names of both parents.
- If it’s an informal baby shower and you’re very close with the mother, you can get more personal. Most people start their cards with “Dear”, followed by the recipient’s first name and a comma. Instead of using their name, you can even use a nickname to add a splash of cuteness.
Moreover, when signing your baby shower card, it’s fine to mention your gift. Keep in mind that your baby shower quote or baby shower message may be read out loud.
What should a baby shower message convey?
The most important part of the baby shower message is the body of the card. What the baby shower message should convey depends on the type of gathering and how close you are with the parents-to-be.
If you’re a work colleague or an acquaintance, for example, a simple message of congratulations is appropriate. If you’re a close friend or a relative, it’s always fitting to write something meaningful, emotional, and inspirational. A lovely quote on motherhood sounds adorable and personable. Don’t forget that personal sentiments are most appreciated by parents.
If you’re feeling stuck and need the inspiration to get those words out, we’ve gathered some sweet baby shower card wishes and delightful baby shower card quotes.
Baby shower card wishes
Various studies show that a whopping 90% of all people prefer getting a greeting card than an email card. Why? Because greeting cards convey emotions and people are emotional beings. They feel more personal and more meaningful. Greeting cards can stay with the receiver for days, months, even years to come.
Every mom and father-to-be could most certainly use a few baby shower card wishes that convey words of advice, encouragement, and wisdom. Even better if you make them laugh. Whether you end up writing a baby shower wishes of health, a cute message for mom, or a funny one, these sweet personalized baby shower card wishes will make the celebrations more magical.
Baby shower wishes of health
- Wishing you a safe and easy delivery and a beautiful and healthy baby.
- A beautiful adventure is about to start. Wishing you a safe delivery from the bottom of my heart!
- Good health to the happy parents and best wishes to you on your delivery day.
Baby shower wishes for a boy
- Thank you for inviting us to share the joy. We can’t wait to meet him!
- Congratulations on your little prince! Get ready for toys in all shapes and sizes, and all types of surprises.
- What an exciting time for your family! A precious little bundle of joy is on the way. We hope he will have your smile and his dad’s sense of humor.
Baby shower wishes for a girl
- We’re exceedingly excited to meet your delightful baby in pink! Best wishes for the pregnancy.
- Congratulations on your little princess! We know she’s going to bring joy and love into your life.
- Ever since we were children, your greatest wish was to have a daughter one day. I am so happy your dream came true. A beautiful girl to love and to adore, who could ask for more?
Baby shower wishes for twins
- It’s true what they say. Sometimes miracles come in pairs.
- Congratulations on your twins. This means double the love and double the fun.
- It’s twins! Life just doesn’t get better than this. Two delightful bundles to cuddle and kiss.
Baby shower messages for mom
- Congratulations on your upcoming motherhood. I know you’ll be an amazing and loving mother.
- Best wishes and safe delivery to a strong and amazing woman. Don’t forget that we all have your back in these exciting times.
- To me, you’re a superhero. To your little bundle of joy, you’ll be their whole world. I’m sending you tons of love and kisses and many best wishes for the remainder of your pregnancy.
Funny baby shower messages
- A toast to the bun in your oven! When choosing a name, try to remember who stood by you in these challenging times.
- Congratulations on your baby! I hope it’s a boy or a girl!
- Being a mom is like a walk in the park. Jurassic Park that is.
- And to the King and Queen, a new prince(ss) is born and the kingdom rejoices.
Messages for a second child
- Luck strikes again! Congratulations to Mom and Dad! Wishing you all a lifetime of love, health, and joy together.
- The stork probably knows where you live! We hope your second child will bring you as many blessings as your first!
- Your family is growing and with it, love continues to flourish. We can’t wait to meet the second joy you’re bringing into the world.
Baby shower card quotes
People love baby shower quotes. We like them on social media, we like them in books, and we love them in baby shower cards.
Including a beautiful baby shower quote in your card is a thoughtful idea. Especially because the parents might be feeling a little apprehensive or overwhelmed. It’s a lovely way to show your support, offer a word of encouragement, and share your wisdom with the parents.
Here are some lovely baby shower quotes that you can include in your card:
- “Having children just puts the whole world into perspective. Everything else just disappears.” — Kate Winslet
- “Motherhood: All love begins and ends there.” — Robert Browning
- “To describe my mother would be to write about a hurricane in its perfect power. Or the climbing, falling colors of a rainbow.” — Maya Angelou
- “Having kids — the responsibility of rearing good, kind, ethical, responsible human beings — is the biggest job anyone can embark on.” — Maria Shriver
- “You’re always going to wonder if you’re doing things wrong, but that’s what it means to be a mom, to care so much about someone else that you just want to be as perfect as possible.” — Naya Rivera
- “Mothers and their children are in a category all their own. There’s no bond so strong in the entire world. No love so instantaneous and forgiving.” — Gail Tsukiyama
- “Sometimes the strength of motherhood is greater than natural laws.” — Barbara Kingsolve