Disclaimer. Any use by you of a Flo Health, Inc. (hereinafter referred to as “Flo”) Trademark (please refer to the definition below) without a license must be authorized by applicable law and requires proper acknowledgment and strict compliance with the below Trademark Usage Guidelines (hereinafter referred to as “Guidelines”). Any other use of a Flo Trademark requires an appropriate license agreement or another unambiguous prior written permission from Flo’s side (hereinafter collectively referred to as “License”). Requests for a License may be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. By using any Flo Trademarks, you are acknowledging that Flo is the sole owner of the Trademarks and agreeing not to interfere with Flo’s rights in the Trademarks, including challenging Flo’s use, registration of, or application to register such Trademarks. You agree that you will not harm, misuse, or bring into disrepute any Flo Trademarks and that the goodwill, if any, derived from your use of any Flo Trademarks exclusively inures to the benefit of and belongs to Flo. You may not use any Flo Trademarks in meta tags, keywords, search fields, hidden text, or any other form that has the purpose or effect of diverting or confusing users of the Apps without Flo’s prior written permission.
Flo is a Delaware corporation, the U.S. legal owner and publisher of a software product with the general name “Flo™ Health & Period tracker” that encompasses a) mobile applications for mobile devices under the control of iOS and Android mobile operating systems; b) a web application available at https://flo.health (hereinafter referred to as “Apps”).
Flo’s trademarks, service marks, and logos (hereinafter referred to as “Trademarks”) represent intellectual property rights owned by Flo and as such, are valued assets of Flo. These Trademarks, whether registered or unregistered, must be used in accordance with these Guidelines.
Other product names or trademarks, including those appearing in the Apps, that are not owned by Flo are for identification purposes only and may be the registered or unregistered trademarks of their respective owners. No license or right is granted by Flo by implication, estoppel, or otherwise to any such third party names or trademarks or to the Flo Trademarks hereby.
Applicability of Guidelines
These Guidelines apply to Flo employees, customers, licensees, consultants, outside vendors, and other third parties. Note that if you are a licensee of a Flo Trademark, the license agreement that you signed with Flo may contain specific usage guidelines that differ from those contained within these Guidelines, and in such case, you should follow those specific guidelines provided within the license agreement. If you are a licensee, but have been provided no special guidelines, then follow these Guidelines.
List of Flo Trademarks
The list of Flo Trademarks provided here may be updated with new information from time to time and without notice and should be referred to regularly. Note that the list may not be comprehensive, and the omission of a Flo Trademark from the list does not represent any waiver of any intellectual property rights of Flo in or to such Trademark. If in doubt about whether or not a particular name, mark, or logo is a Flo Trademark, or if you have any questions about the use of Flo's Trademarks, contact Flo’s Legal & Compliance Department for assistance at email@example.com.
Usage of Flo Trademarks: General Requirements and Rules
Prior to the commencement of any usage, please always ensure that your agreement with Flo provides for the use of Flo Trademarks and the allowed cases of use.
Please ensure that you are following these Guidelines when using Flo Trademarks, including the requirements and rules as presented below.
Following these Guidelines is obligatory unless otherwise envisaged in the written agreement concluded between you and Flo. In some cases, these Guidelines are supplementing the rules and provisions envisaged in the agreement between you and Flo (via incorporation by reference or otherwise).
Please refer to the agreement first in case of ambiguity. If no provisions regarding the use of Trademarks are provided in the agreement, please follow these rules.
When referring to Flo Apps or services, use the applicable Trademark, and ensure that such references: (i) are truthful, fair, and not misleading; and (ii) comply with these Guidelines. Note that these Guidelines may be modified by Flo from time to time at its sole discretion. Specifically, ensure that you:
- follow the directives within these Guidelines;
- use the appropriate trademark symbol and trademark acknowledgment of Flo’s ownership of the particular Trademark;
- do not incorporate Flo Trademarks into your own product trademarks, service marks, logos, or company names;
- do not adopt marks or logos that are confusingly similar to any Flo Trademarks; and
- in particular cases when advised to and provided with following Flo Brand Guidelines is obligatory (please pay special attention to Section 3 “Design Elements”).
When using a Flo Trademark, ensure that you:
- ALWAYS use such a Trademark as an adjective, accompanied by an appropriate noun (e.g. “Flo™ Health & Period tracker is chosen by over 137 million women worldwide”). Do NOT use a Trademark as a noun (e.g., “Flo™ is chosen by over 137 million women worldwide”). Do NOT pluralize a Trademark or make it possessive. Do NOT combine a Trademark with other words, symbols, or numbers, either as one word or with a hyphen. Do NOT abbreviate a Trademark;
- ALWAYS use the proper spelling and the proper trademark symbol (® or ™, as applicable). For the trademark symbol, use the superscript format, but if this is not possible, then use parentheses ((R) or (TM) as applicable); and
- ALWAYS use Flo Trademarks in the way they were intended to be used. Do not use Flo Trademarks for products, including digital products such as apps or services for which they were not originally intended. Do not alter a Flo Trademark in any way.
In letters, memos, press releases, white papers, advertising, slides, foils, video, and other multimedia presentations, ensure that you:
- Properly identify (with ® or ™, as applicable) each Flo Trademark at the most prominent use (often in the headline) and again in the first occurrence. For presentation graphics, each Flo Trademark should be designated with the proper trademark symbol on each page, slide, and foil;
- In newsletters, magazines, and publications containing multiple articles, properly identify each Flo Trademark in the first occurrence in the Table of Contents, in headlines, and in the first occurrence in every article in which it is used;
- In brochures, financial reports, books, white papers, datasheets, technical documentation, and other bound documents, properly identify each Flo Trademark in the first occurrence in the Table of Contents, in headlines, and in the first occurrence in the text; and
- In all charts and graphs, properly identify each Flo Trademark, as such charts and graphs could become separated, copied, and used independently.
Proper Use Examples of Flo Trademarks
Flo Health™ Assistant
Flo Fem® Health & Period tracker
Acknowledgement of Flo Trademarks
Ensure that you include a proper trademark ownership notice that identifies each Flo Trademark used as being owned by Flo Health, Inc. (e.g., "Flo Fem and the feather logo are trademarks of Flo Health, Inc.").
Use of “Flo” as a Trademark vs. Trade name
“Flo” is not only a trademark used to identify Flo’s Apps and services; it also serves as Flo’s company name. Therefore, the word “Flo” is generally used in two (2) different ways: (i) as a trade name to identify Flo Health, Inc. the company and its subsidiaries; or (ii) as a trademark to identify its various products, including digital products, such as Apps.
As a general rule, the word “Flo” should be primarily used as a trademark (or a part of the respective trademark) and be associated with its core product (Apps) instead of its usage as a trade name.
However, “Flo”, may be used as a trade name when Flo Health, Inc. the company (or its subsidiaries) is taking some action or referenced as having some attribute, e.g., in press releases, within job postings, or in publicly available descriptive articles regarding the company’s general activities.
In case of any further questions regarding Flo Trademarks proper and possible use, please address them to Flo’s Legal & Compliance Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.