Dr. Brittany Korman
“I’m passionate about helping people through their rehabilitation journey so they can return to the activities they love. Through a combination of therapeutic exercise, patient education, and hands-on therapy, I strive to bridge the gap between physical therapy and lifelong sustainable fitness.”
- Doctor of physical therapy, owner of B.yond Physical Therapy, Glenview, IL, US, 2022–present
- Physical Therapist at Traci Heller Physical Therapy, Highland Park, IL, 2019–present
- Group Fitness Instructor at Vital, Dallas, TX, 2018–present
- Physical Therapist at TMI Sports Medicine, Arlington, TX, 2018–2019
- Physical Therapist at 3DPT, Dallas, TX, 2018–2019
- Volunteer Fitness Instructor at Neuro Fitness Foundation, led classes for people with stroke and spinal cord injury, 2017
- Certified in dry needling, a technique to manage neuromusculoskeletal pain and improve movement
- Licensed group fitness instructor
- Various internships in physical therapy, including at Boca Raton Regional Hospital, FL; HealthSouth, Dallas, TX; and Body Gears Physical Therapy, Chicago, IL, 2016–2018
- Doctor of Physical Therapy from Texas Woman’s University, TX, 2018
- Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology and Exercise Science from the University of Texas at Austin, TX, 2015
My Journey in Physical Therapy
As a former soccer player and dancer, I understand sports injuries first-hand, including an ACL tear of my own. The physical therapists who helped in my recovery left a lasting positive impact on me that continues to shape the way I care for my patients today. My goal in my work is to help people decrease pain and increase function so they can return to a pain-free active lifestyle.
I aim to make the rehabilitation process as enjoyable as possible so my patients can reach their full, healthy potential and achieve their goals. Through evidence-based practice and individualized treatments, I tailor physical therapy to each patient to help them along their journey to recovery. On a regular basis, I treat people with a variety of orthopedic, sports-related, and women’s health injuries. I have advanced training in women’s health and vestibular conditions, including vertigo and pelvic floor dysfunction.
Outside of the clinic, I teach group fitness classes that combine high-intensity training, strength, and yoga. In my free time, I also enjoy leading a healthy lifestyle through cycling, pilates, and my own yoga practice. Find me on Instagram: @b.yondpt.
At Flo, I appreciate the opportunity to give my feedback on sports-related content to encourage lifelong wellness, health, and balance among our millions of users.
Flo Advisory Board of 100+ Doctors, Scientists, and Health Experts
We break down complex medical topics into accessible and digestible information that empowers readers to take action and prioritize their own well-being. Our team of Medical and Scientific Advisors is made up of over 100 certified health experts from a variety of disciplines who ensure that every piece of content we release is medically accurate, understandable, and up-to-date with the latest scientific findings. We rely on medical guidelines from international health organizations and get information from academic institutions and peer-reviewed articles, which is fully described in our Flo Editorial Process and Standards.