Dr. Staci Tanouye
“Helping women and all people with reproductive health needs learn more about their bodies, understand their bodies, and appreciate what their bodies can do for them is incredibly empowering for both them and me. Making people feel comfortable and confident with the most private aspects of their lives is extremely rewarding. I feel deeply connected to all of my patients and love to celebrate their health with them.”
- OB-GYN Physician at North Florida OB-GYN Associates, Pa, Jacksonville Beach, FL, 2013–present
- Associate Consultant Physician at Mayo Clinic, 2012–2013
- Won several teaching awards during residency at the Mayo Clinic
- Fellow of the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists and the International Society for the Study of Women’s Sexual Health
- Residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology at the Mayo Clinic Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Rochester, MN, 2008–2012
- Degree in Medicine from Saint Louis University School of Medicine, MO, 2008
- Bachelor of Arts in Biology and Education from Washington University, St. Louis, MO, 2004
- “A rare granulosa cell tumor presentation with virilization and cystic adnexal mass on three-dimensional ultrasound: a case report.” Journal of Reproductive Medicine, vol. 59, no. 7-8, Jul-Aug 2014, PMID: 25098035
- “Vesicosacrofistulization after robotically assisted laparoscopic sacrocolpopexy.” Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery, vol. 20, no. 3, May-Jun 2014, doi: 10.1097/SPV.0000000000000033
- “L1CAM in early-stage type I endometrial cancer: results of a large multicenter evaluation.” Journal of the National Cancer Institute, vol. 105, no. 15, 07 Aug 2013, doi: 10.1093/jnci/djt144
- “Emergency bedside cesarean delivery: lessons learned in teamwork and patient safety.” BMC Research Notes, vol. 5, 06 Aug 2012, doi: 10.1186/1756-0500-5-412
My Journey in Medicine
I decided to become a doctor at a very young age, and felt drawn towards obstetrics and gynecology early on in medical school. I love everything about taking care of women and all people with ovaries. The strength and perseverance of my female patients is so inspiring. I also enjoy the diversity of being an OB-GYN — I get to do adolescent health, pregnancy, perimenopause, menopause, surgery, primary care, emergent care, and even some psychological health. It is an honor to take care of people through all stages of life.
With my clinical practice, I’ve created a safe and inclusive environment to empower women to learn about and love their bodies. It’s no secret to me that a gynecologist’s office can be super intimidating, so I aim to make my patients feel as comfortable as possible. I believe that by providing the power of knowledge, together we can improve health, confidence, and happiness. I truly care for each and every one of my patients and take the time to listen personally so I can provide health care that is as unique as they are!
I’m passionate about educating women not only in the exam room, but also online. In addition to my blog, I love sharing health information and breaking down taboos on Instagram and TikTok as @dr.staci.t. I’ve also been featured on multiple podcasts and news articles, and I’ve spoken at events about women’s health.
It’s a joy to be able to collaborate with Flo and reach even more women through the wonderful platform with empowering information about their well-being.
Outside of work, I’m usually spending time with my two beautiful sons and husband (who I met in med school!).
Flo Advisory Board of 100+ Doctors, Scientists, and Health Experts
We break down complex medical topics into accessible and digestible information that empowers readers to take action and prioritize their own well-being. Our team of Medical and Scientific Advisors is made up of over 100 certified health experts from a variety of disciplines who ensure that every piece of content we release is medically accurate, understandable, and up-to-date with the latest scientific findings. We rely on medical guidelines from international health organizations and get information from academic institutions and peer-reviewed articles, which is fully described in our Flo Editorial Process and Standards.