Jenna Flanagan, MD
“I am honored to be working with an application that has such a huge user base. I strongly believe information and knowledge are essential to making good medical and health decisions and to be helping provide access to these resources through Flo has been very rewarding.”
Dr. Jenna Flanagan, FLS, FACOG, MMS, is an academic generalist OB-GYN at Beth Israel in Boston, MA. She has subspecialty interest in Family Planning, Global Health, Laparoscopic surgery and Public Health.
She works directly with resident physicians and is a part of the Family Planning Department at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (BIDMC).
- Graduated cum laude with Biology degree (Biology, Chemistry, Neuroscience) at Bowdoin College. Completed a 2 year honor's thesis on spinal cord regeneration. Published work and presented at 2006 National Neuroscience Convention in Atlanta, GA.
- MD in Medicine at University of Vermont College of Medicine.
- Completed her postgraduate training in an Obstetrics & Gynecology residency at UVM Medical Center.
- The James E. Demeules Surgical Research Prize
- The Carbee Award for academic excellence
- A Ryan Fellowship for excellence in Family Planning
- The Excellence in Minimally Invasive Gynecology award
Her research has focused on optimizing the experience of labor and delivery in the Somali population.
Passion and Motivation
Dr. Flanagan’s interests include resident teaching and medical education, labor innovations, breastfeeding medicine, laparoscopic surgery, and evidence-based medicine.
She’s a mother of two (and a dog), an avid runner and hiker who loves the outdoors.