Dr. Renita White
“I have a passion for women’s health and wellness. In particular, I love helping women feel comfortable and confident with taking ownership over their bodies and health needs. I appreciate being able to do this in my medical office, in the operating room, and outside of the office through my podcast, written articles, and video content.”
- Obstetrician and gynecologist, Georgia Obstetrics and Gynecology, Atlanta, GA, 2017–present
- Attending physician, Northside Hospital Atlanta, Sandy Springs, GA
- Freelance contributor on health, wellness, and pregnancy topics, 2021–present
- Medical review board member for Verywell Health
- Cocreator and cohost of the “Cradle & All” podcast
- Board certified in obstetrics and gynecology from the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Fellow of the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecologists
- Congressional Hunger Fellow, focused on the impact of nutrition and food disparities on chronic illness, Washington, DC, 2008–2009
- Residency in obstetrics and gynecology, Emory University College of Medicine, Atlanta, GA, 2013–2017
- Medical degree, The Ohio State University College of Medicine, 2009–2013
- Bachelor of Arts in women’s studies and psychology, Duke University, Durham, NC, 2004–2008
- “Predictors of a More Effective Contraceptive Method Use at 12 Weeks Post-Abortion: A Prospective Cohort Study.” Journal of Women’s Health, vol. 28, no. 5, May 2019, pp. 591–599, doi: 10.1089/jwh.2018.7210.
- “I’ve Never Been Pregnant Before. Does That Mean I Am Not Able to Get Pregnant?” TheGrio, 3 Jan. 2021, https://thegrio.com/2022/01/03/fertility-pregnant-guidance/.
- “Gynecologist’s Guide: Period Products You Should Know About.” TheGrio, 21 Dec. 2021, https://thegrio.com/2021/12/21/gynecologist-guide-period-products-you-should-know-about/.
- “How Do I Clean … Down There? A Gynecologist’s Guide to Feminine Care.” TheGrio, 16 Dec. 2021, https://thegrio.com/2021/12/16/gynecologists-guide-to-feminine-care/.
- “5 Tips to Keep You Sane and Stress-Free This Holiday Season.” TheGrio, 24 Dec. 2021, https://thegrio.com/2021/12/24/5-tips-to-keep-you-sane-and-stress-free-this-holiday-season/.
My Journey in Medicine
For as long as I can remember, I have gravitated toward women’s health. As an OB-GYN, I love caring for women in all stages of life. Whether entering adulthood or transitioning into menopause, wellness is always a key part of our health. My goal is to inspire women to take autonomy of their health and wellness, focus on daily self-care practices, and educate on common women’s health topics.
I see patients with a variety of conditions, including fibroids, irregular vaginal bleeding, abnormal Pap smears, infertility, and menopause. As a health care expert, I strive to educate women about their bodies and encourage them to address their physical and emotional health to improve overall wellness.
Outside of the hospital, I cohost a podcast with my sister called “Cradle & All.” We record biweekly episodes on all things motherhood and womanhood. Balancing relationships, work, and wellness while raising little ones can be a real challenge, so we share all of our tips from our personal experiences to help our listeners feel more understood and supported in their daily life. I also publish and collaborate on health-related content and articles for a variety of platforms.
It’s really exciting for me to join Flo’s medical advisory board so I can utilize my knowledge about women’s health to educate and inspire users all over the world to take good care of their overall well-being.
When I’m not working, I enjoy traveling, trying new restaurants, and anything that sparkles. I spend most of my time running after my 4-year-old and 1-year-old sons, spending time with my husband, and catching up with girlfriends when I get a chance.
Flo Advisory Board of 100+ Doctors, Scientists, and Health Experts
We break down complex medical topics into accessible and digestible information that empowers readers to take action and prioritize their own well-being. Our team of Medical and Scientific Advisors is made up of over 100 certified health experts from a variety of disciplines who ensure that every piece of content we release is medically accurate, understandable, and up-to-date with the latest scientific findings. We rely on medical guidelines from international health organizations and get information from academic institutions and peer-reviewed articles, which is fully described in our Flo Editorial Process and Standards.