Why do people have pubic hair?
There are several theories about pubic hair’s purpose:
- It helps maintain the optimal temperature in the pubic region when the weather is too hot or too cold.
- It creates a favorable environment for normal vaginal microflora.
- It can indicate biological readiness for reproduction.
- It helps pheromones stick around longer, attracting sexual partners for possible conception.
- It protects the genital area from friction during exercise or sexual intercourse.
Regardless of these theories, the choice of what to do with your pubic hair (if anything!) is completely up to you.