If you have any questions regarding this Policy or your privacy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Depending on the Flo Health company you are in contact with or applying to, the data controller of your personal can be either of the following companies:
- Flo Health UK Limited (the UK)
Address: 27 Old Gloucester Street, London, WC1N 3AX, United Kingdom
- Flo Health LTU UAB (Lithuania)
Address: Gedimino Pr. 35 Vilnius, LT-01110 Vilnius
- Flo Health Cyprus Ltd (Cyprus)
Address: 3, OVAL BUILDING, OFFICE 902, Krinon, Agios Athanasios, 4103
- Flo Health NL B.V. (the Netherlands)
Address: Herikerbergweg 238 Luna ArenA, 1101CM Amsterdam
- Flo Health, Inc. (USA)
Address: 1013 Centre Road, Suite 403-B, Wilmington, DE, 19805, USA
Personal data we collect from you
The personal data that we collect can include:
- Full name.
- Contact information (e.g., e-mail, telephone number, address).
- Education, skills and training.
- Current workplace and employment history.
- CV and its attachments.
- Publicly available information (e.g., information from professional social networks).
- Recruiting exercises performed by you.
- Interview notes about you.
- Desired salary.
- Information received from background checks (as permitted by applicable laws).
- Information required to prepare the employment contract.
- Other information submitted by you.
When applying please avoid including any sensitive personal information (e.g., personal identification numbers, health information, information on family relations, etc.) or other information that is not necessary for the recruitment process.
Why We Collect Your Personal Data
We are constantly looking for new talent to help us build the future for women's health. When you apply or are contacted by us regarding open positions at Flo Health, we process your personal data for recruitment purposes. This may include communication with you, assessment for a job position, verification of your information, preparation of the employment agreement or (if applicable) referral to other available positions at Flo Health. We may also process your information to comply with applicable laws, follow through legal processes or enforceable government requests.
We process your personal data to take steps necessary to enter into a possible employment contract with you. Where this is allowed by applicable laws, we collect information about you as necessary for our legitimate interest to assess if you are suitable for the job position at Flo Health or verify your provided information. Further, we may seek your consent for processing of your personal data if this is required by applicable laws.
Where We Get Your Data From
Generally, we collect the information directly from you. We may also obtain information from:
- Other Flo Health companies (e.g., when you are referred to another job position at Flo Health).
- Job portals and recruitment agencies.
- Recruitment tools (e.g. Glassdoor, Inc., Indeed, Inc.).
- Professional social media networks (e.g., LinkedIn).
- Our employees (e.g. in case of referrals).
Further, we may collect personal data related to your professional life from third parties, such as information from a third-party background checking service (e.g., Veremark Ltd.), references supplied by former employers, colleagues, or someone you know.
With Whom We Share Your Personal Data
Your personal data may be shared with other Flo Health companies to carry out recruitment activities as provided in this Policy or if we see that your profile is more suitable for other positions at Flo Health.
We may also share your data with our service providers that help us with the recruitment process, such as:
- Talentwall, Inc. (USA) (hiring management platform).
- Greenhouse Software, Inc. (USA) (recruitment software provider).
- HI BOB LTD (Israel) (people management platform).
We use various service providers providing us with emailing platforms, IT infrastructure service, analytics and others. When using service providers we make sure that they protect the personal data of our candidates in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
In some cases, your personal data is processed within the territory of the European Union and the European Economic Area (EEA). However, when necessary, the data may be transferred and processed beyond those territories. If we share your personal data to subjects based outside of the EEA (e. g., in the United States), we make sure that they process personal data with adequate level of protection, and we enter into agreements with such parties with standard data protection clauses adopted by the European Commission.
How Long We Store Your Personal Data
In general, your personal data is stored until the end of the recruitment process and as necessary to comply with our legal obligations or resolve any disputes within the hiring process. When you permit Flo Health to contact you about future job positions, Flo Health will keep your data for 3 years in addition to the initial recruitment retention term. If you become an employee at Flo Health, we will save your information within the employee file in accordance with our internal data retention terms for employee data. Information from background checks is retained for 6 months after the verification takes place, unless Flo Health has a legal requirement to keep the data for longer.
We do not currently make decisions about you based solely on automated decision-making.
If You Don’t Provide Us Your Personal Data
You are not obliged to provide your personal data to Flo Health, however, as this is required for us to consider you for a job position or otherwise engage with you, we will not be able to offer employment without certain personal data.
Privacy laws including the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) provide certain rights to individuals in relation to their personal data. Except as limited under applicable laws, the rights afforded to you are as follows:
- Right of access. You have the right to access any personal data that Flo Health processes about you and to request information about what personal data we hold about you, the purposes of the processing and other related information.
- Right to rectification. If you believe that we hold any incomplete or inaccurate data about you, you have the right to ask us to correct and/or complete the information and we will strive to do so as quickly as possible.
- Right to erasure. You also have the right to request erasure of your personal data or to restrict processing in accordance with the data protection laws.
- Right of data portability. You have the right to request a copy of your personal data in electronic format and to transmit that personal data to another data controller.
- Right to withdraw consent. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. The withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
If you want to make a request based on these rights, send your request via email to email@example.com.
We only process your personal information in compliance with this Policy and in accordance with the relevant data protection laws. If, however, you wish to raise a complaint regarding the processing of your personal data or are unsatisfied with how we have handled your information, please contact our Data Protection Officer at DPO@flo.health.
You also have the right to complain to your local Data Protection Authority or other local regulatory body responsible for ensuring protection of your rights relating to the handling of personal data. We would appreciate it if, in such cases, you would contact Flo Health first to resolve the problem together.